BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A lovely spring day

This week is my spring break, and so far, it's been a perfect combination of getting things done and getting absolutely nothing done. Today started early with Sophie whining at 4:45 am. I guess I forgot to let the pooches have one more chance outside before bedtime, and so she was doing the potty dance with her whimpers. But, with our dogs, if one is up, then all are up. So, everyone ate and went out in the early morning hour. It was back to bed for us shortly thereafter with three pooches in our increasingly small queen-sized bed.

Needless to say, I slept in until (gasp!) 9:30. That's a rarity nowadays. I've been conditioned to get up at 6:30 on weekdays and 7:00 on weekends. No fun, but it's routine. Alas, it is spring break, so some sleeping in can be forgiven.

Just about when I decided that the day was going to be a wash, I got a bit of inspiration to plant the beans and snap peas that were about ready to choke each other in their starter greenhouse. So, raking, tilling, and planting occurred. It felt really nice to be outside on a day like this. Warm, breezy. Spring is here. I've been in the soil to prove it.

I also caught up with a high school friend, which is rare, as I only still talk to one high school friend on an annual basis. Sad, but that's life. It's okay, we always fall right back into the groove of things. That's nice.

And I rounded out my afternoon with one of my favorite thing.... reading in the sun on our deck. I got a few chapters done before a pesky wasp drove me out of my own space. Although, he's the one with the sharp thing on the end of him.... he can reign for now. I have a plan for him if his kind dominate summer like they did last year. I hate wasps. Plus, the pugs can only take so much heat.

All in all, a wonderful spring day.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I pruned for my mom today. And even though it wasn't as satisfying as it could have been since I can't have my own garden, it was so nice out today that I didn't mind one bit. What a lovely spring day!