BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Thinking green

We finally have snow here in Alton... hooray! Another 3-5 inches on top of the dusting we currently have is predicted to come tomorrow. I've always felt that if the weather is determined to be cold, it might as well be snowy, too.

However, white isn't the color I've been thinking of most often. I know it's still January, but I can't help but get excited for the new growing season. Last year, I tried my hand at growing some veggies and really did well with it. We even had produce coming out of our ears well into the fall. Now, I'm thinking bigger and better.

Unfortunately, we don't have ample space for gardening (that's a requirement for our next house), so I'm considering taking up some container gardening for some of the smaller stuff (garlic, onion, potatoes). It's all in an effort to be a little more natural... live a little more green... and live a little bit cheaper! Amen to that.

Interested in container gardening? I've been starting to hunt for good sites. Let me know if you have any to share. I've been using this one to get started.

1 comments:

waitingforcider said...

superfun! You could do the tomatos from hanging baskets! :)